ODKF Grants - Over $650,000 in grants given to Ohio Kiwanis Clubs since 2007
Grants for Kiwanis Club Projects
The Foundation has a major focus of fundraising and project support for Kiwanis – Safe and Healthy Kids. Funds are raised from designated and undesignated gifts, the Governor’s Project, the annual golf outing, the convention basket room income, license plates, legion of honor program, annual birthday gift campaign, etc..
Grants are awarded for projects which address our focus on Safe and Healthy Kids. In addition grants are awarded for community projects that improve the lives of children and families which focus on Kiwanis marketing or Kiwanis outreach.
Eligibility and Guidelines
Grant applications must be in keeping with the purposes of the Ohio District Kiwanis Foundation. Grant requests for projects sponsored by and showing involvement of qualifying Kiwanis organizations located in Ohio will be preferred.
The Ohio District Kiwanis Foundation welcomes grant requests from agencies, organizations and Kiwanis Family Clubs.
The Foundation makes no grants to individuals. The Foundation operates without discrimination as to age, race, religion, sex or national origin in considering grant requests from agencies and organizations.
The Ohio District Kiwanis Foundation is interested in funding service projects that can demonstrate an impact on the needs of children and others in the community. Grant applicants should keep in mind that priority is given to projects that
- Reach those persons who are not met by existing services.
- Request seed money for innovative programs in the Foundation’s field of interest.
- Encourage matching gifts or additional funding from other donors, such as the general public or government.
- Yield substantial benefits for the resources invested.
- Support the Foundation’s emphasis on Safe and Healthy Kids or community outreach
- Show involvement of Kiwanis family clubs through volunteer service and financial commitment.
- Request funds under $5,000.
Applications are due by:
- October 31 for decisions in December
- March 31 for decisions in May
- June 30 for decision in August
Our grant form is now in a fillable PDF format. Complete application form and send via email with supporting materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Grants Awarded to Kiwanis Clubs
2018-2019 ODKF Grants
Kiwanis Club of Greenhill’s Forest Park $2000
Kiwanis Club of Coldwater $2000
Kiwanis Club of Riverview-Delhi Hills $4000
Cleveland Heights $2500
Kiwanis Club of Richmond Heights $1000
Kiwanis Club of Western Reserve $1000
Kiwanis Club of Medina Breakfast $1500
Kiwanis Club of West Geauga $1100
Kiwanis Club of Wooster $3000
Kiwanis Club of Lima $3500
Kiwanis Club of Circleville $2500
These awards were made possible because of your donations to the Foundation. Interest from our investments provide the dollars for our grant program.
The 2017-18 Administrative year the following grants were awarded for Communities and Safe & Healthy Kids:
Mercy Van Project $2000: Willard Area Kiwanis Club
Battered Women’s Shelter $4000: Bath-Richfield Kiwanis Club
Gahanna McCutcheon Road Park Playground $2000: Gahanna Kiwanis Club
Springfield Children’s Garden $2000: Springfield Kiwanis
Tiffin-Seneca Teen Center Snack Bar $1163: Tiffin Kiwanis Club
Fill the House Backpacks $1000: Bay Village Kiwanis Club
Playground Equipment at Forest Elementary School $500: North Olmstead Kiwanis Club
Basketball Courts for Teens $3620: Midview Kiwanis Club
Buddy Benches & Bullying Safe Zones $2000 Wilmington Kiwanis Club
First Family Literacy Grants paid in 2017-2018 Administrative Year
Hurricane Book Project $2000: Findlay Kiwanis
Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library $4000: Stow Munroe Falls Kiwanis Club
First Family Feeding Ohio’s Children Grants paid in 2017-2018 Administrative Year United Way of Ross County $1000: Chillicothe Kiwanis Club
Food for Kids $1250: Ashville Kiwanis Club
Disaster Relief Grants paid in 2017-2018 Administrative Year
Texas-Oklahoma Kiwanis Foundation $2875
Florida Kiwanis Foundation $1350
General Community Grants
· Cleveland Kiwanis Club#2 - Upstage players-Tradition Tree Project
· West Geauga Kiwanis Club -Geauga Park K-9 Fund-support Program Children, Dog Safety, and Dog Education and Awareness
· Westlake Kiwanis Club-Purchase 3 Dogs for drug program.
· North Olmsted Kiwanis Club-Playground construction
· East Toledo-Oregon Kiwanis Club –Support of YMCA sponsored “Safe Routes to School Program
· Medina Breakfast Kiwanis Club - “Tree House Play Area” at life Skills Training House”.
· Delphos Kiwanis Club - Splash Pad Project.
· Medina Noon, Medina Breakfast, Medina Evening, and All Ohio eMedina Kiwanis Clubs - City Pool Project and Concession Stand.
Safe and Healthy Kids Grants
· Dayton Kiwanis Club-Dayton Children’s Hospital – Provide & Distribute 833 bicycle helmets
· Mt. Gilead Kiwanis Club- Playground construction
· Kiwanis Club of Lisbon - Playground project for Christina House
· Kiwanis Club of Lucasville -Bike Rodeo and Bike Safety Helmets
· Middletown Kiwanis Club - Sojourner Baskets Of Hope Project.
· Youngstown Kiwanis Club - Equipment for educational labs, training and teaching children and adults to read