ODKF Grants - Over $750,000 in grants given to Ohio Kiwanis Clubs since 1988 includes Governor's Project grants
Grants for Kiwanis Club Projects
The Foundation has a major focus of fundraising and project support for Kiwanis – Safe and Healthy Kids. Funds are raised from designated and undesignated gifts, the Governor’s Project, the annual golf outing, the convention basket room income, license plates, legion of honor program, annual birthday gift campaign, etc..
Grants are awarded for projects which address our focus on Safe and Healthy Kids. In addition grants are awarded for community projects that improve the lives of children and families which focus on Kiwanis marketing or Kiwanis outreach.
Eligibility and Guidelines
Grant applications must be in keeping with the purposes of the Ohio District Kiwanis Foundation. Grant requests for projects sponsored by and showing involvement of qualifying Kiwanis organizations located in Ohio will be preferred.
The Ohio District Kiwanis Foundation welcomes grant requests from agencies, organizations and Kiwanis Family Clubs.
The Foundation makes no grants to individuals. The Foundation operates without discrimination as to age, race, religion, sex or national origin in considering grant requests from agencies and organizations.
The Ohio District Kiwanis Foundation is interested in funding service projects that can demonstrate an impact on the needs of children and others in the community. Grant applicants should keep in mind that priority is given to projects that
- Reach those persons who are not met by existing services.
- Request seed money for innovative programs in the Foundation’s field of interest.
- Encourage matching gifts or additional funding from other donors, such as the general public or government.
- Yield substantial benefits for the resources invested.
- Support the Foundation’s emphasis on Safe and Healthy Kids or community outreach
- Show involvement of Kiwanis family clubs through volunteer service and financial commitment.
- Request funds under $5,000.
Applications are due by:
- October 31 for decisions in December
- March 31 for decisions in May
- June 30 for decision in August
Our grant form is now in a fillable PDF format. For questions contact email@example.com. To submit your application send via email with supporting materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ODKF Grants 1988-2020
2019-2020 Grants Awarded to Kiwanis Clubs
The following are the grants that have been awarded to Kiwanis Clubs and organizations that support Kiwanis in helping your District Foundation meet its mission of improving the lives of children and families in Ohio
Community Service Grants 2019-2020
• Kiwanis Club of Findlay Brucklacker Memorial Park Playground Grant $1,900.00
• Ballville Fire Department Freemont Kiwanis - Pediatric Resuscitation Kit $1,000.00
• Christmas Gifts for Children Lucasville Kiwanis - Disadvantaged Children Christmas Gifts $1,000.00
• Medina Breakfast Kiwanis Club- Lunch with Santa Program $600.00
• Ravenna Kiwanis Club CAC Youth and Family Center Playground $1,889.00
• The ARC of Allen County Lima Kiwanis Club - All Ability Playground Project $3,795.00
• Village of Grafton Midview Kiwanis Club - Grafton VIllage Playground Project $2,000.00
• Bath Richfield Kiwanis Club Book Donation Project $300.00
• Stow-Monroe Falls Kiwanis Club Emergency Supply Diaper Bags for Summit County Children's Services $1,746.00
• Talawanda School District Oxford Kiwanis - Medical Masks for Students & Staff $3,000.00
• Hilliard Kiwanis Foundation Feeding Hilliard Students - Weekend Food Pack $4,500.00
Safe and Healthy Kids Grants 2019-2020
• Kiwanis Club of Findlay Brucklacker Memorial Park Playground Grant $3,100.00
• Ravenna Kiwanis Club CAC Youth and Family Center Playground $3,111.00
• Stow-Monroe Falls Kiwanis Club Emergency Supply Diaper Bags for Summit County Children's Services $254.00